Providing Books, School and Teaching Supplies
As the international community increasingly recognizes the power of an educated woman, people from all over the world are working to ensure that Africa's girls go to school and stay in school. Countless NGOs, individuals and initiates are building schools, developing scholarship funds, and focusing on educating girls as a means of creating a more secure future for women, their families and their communities. And it's working!
But as more and more girls go to school, a lack of adequate supplies makes learning very difficult. Poor families simply cannot afford the supplies their children need to learn. Schools are often not much better off. Fortunately, we can make a huge difference right from our home communities! Whether you'd like to make a personal donation; collect at school, work or within your religious institution; or help spread word of need, your support will ensure that Africa's girls enter school prepared for success.
Develop Africa, Inc. will gratefully accept the following items to be shared with schools and school girls throughout the continent.
- Solar Light for use by children when studying. Can be ordered at BOGO Light SN2.
- Recommended Item: Laptops e.g, XO, Asus laptops. Cost $200 - $400.
- Backpack and other book bags
- Spiral bound, composition and other notebooks
- Filler paper
- Colored pencils, crayons and markers
- Ruler with English and metric measurements
- Colored pens
- Pencil box
- Glue sticks
- Graph paper
- Pens and pencils
- Pencil sharpeners (individual and classroom)
- Pocket dictionaries
- Pencil cases
- Reams or boxes of paper
Develop Africa can provide a tax receipt. Please email or mail to us a copy of your receipt for items purchased.
We welcome your school supplies and related materials. Please however note the following:
- Kindly inform us of what you are planning to send through our contact form before shipping.
- We are interested only in new or next to new supplies. Please do not send supplies that are 2nd rate that you would not want to receive as a gift yourself.
Develop Africa - EAG Project
307 Green Valley Drive
Johnson City, TN 37601-1375
Together we can equip the women and girls of Africa with the tools they need to educate themselves for a more secure and happy future!